- New: Import can skip header rows not cointaining data
- New: Import can filter rows based on user provided clause
- New: Execute a SQL Command after every upload when importing files.
- New: Clear the upload target table after every upload to process imported files individually.
- New: Relation autoselect when adding new tables to a report.
- Fixed: The buttons now reset correctly when switching from a read-only table to an editable table.
- Fixed: Search button handling when changing table now works as intended.
- New: Views to database systems other than MS SQL Server can be made.
- Enhanced: SmartUpdate has been completely rewritten to accomodate changing data types and slightly different text data types.
- New: SmartUpdate can now remove all data from target table before adding new data.
- New: SmartUpdate can create a local view to a remote table for data transfer.
- New: File import can now create a basic table on the fly.
- New: File import can now clear all data from target table before import.
- New: Large File Import can be done in batches to the database, skipping the screen, enabling much larger files to be imported.
- New: usp_ImportXml stored procedure for importing XML files directly into the database.
- Enhanced: If an Excel sheet cannot be imported, the sheet is skipped and other sheets are still displayed.
- Enhanced: Default value buttons can now use the same variables as report filters.
- Fixed: Templates now work as intended.
- Fixed: Import with Windows login method now works irrespectively of case.
- Fixed: Import Text Delimiter now has a minimum and maximum length of 1 character
- Fixed: XML file that contains values with quotes (') now imports correctly.
- Fixed: Searching for a date in the main screen now works correct.
- Fixed: Creating Job Steps in a SmartUpdate job now works as intended.
- New: Adding fields to a report no longer removes that field from the select list.
- New: Adding the same field more than once automatically updates the field alias.
- Enhanced: Replaced MS-Jet driver with MS-OLE-DB driver to provide MS Excel services in 64 bit environments.
- Enhanced: If no connection is found the main database is used as default connection.
- Enhanced: SmartUpdate does not require a primay key when removing all target data.
- Fixed: Loading a report with an incorrect/non-exising field no longer crashes Sequenchel.
- Fixed: Default value buttons on wrong fields no longer create an error.
- Fixed: Report results layout now scales properly.
- Fixed: SmartUpdate EndDate can now be Nothing.
- Fixed: Object Owner (monitoring) can now be Nothing.
- Fixed: SmartUpdate can now handle CHAR primary key with target collation.
- New: The engine has been rewritten to enable more features in the future. All screens have been redesigned, even though they look the same.
- New: In reports, the option has been added to re-alias tables and fields enabling multiple joins to the same table or join a table to itself (parent-child relation)
- New: In reports, only the first 1000 retrieved rows are shown, with the option to browse through the result set, saving lots of time.
- New: In Reports, a field filter option is added. No need to search through long lists of fields for a known field name.
- Enhanced: Query error logging and feedback is improved.
- Fixed: Queries with tables whose name are a part of a larger table name are now processed correctly.
- New: In Reports: table alias is used instead of table name to enable multiple instances of the same table in a future release. (4.0)
Relations and reports will be converted to a new markup when saving them. All should be converted before using version 4.0
- Enhanced: In Reports: Select lists for related tables and fields.
- Fixed: Import to table now uses table name instead of alias.
- Fixed: Fields with a related ManagedSelectField were emptied when adding a new item to the database.
- Fixed: When writing to log location doesn't work, the log location is adjusted to Documents\Sequenchel\LOG
- New: Shutdown timer to close Sequenchel after a period of inactivity.
- Enhanced: The Tab order has been made more intuitive.
- Enhanced: improved logging and status messages.
- Enhanced: Added sorting of tables and fields to Reports.
- Fixed: SmartUpdate can now handle NULL values when comparing data.
- Fixed: In some cases the override password was removed when saving other settings.
- Fixed: Updating a saved search would show the search multiple times in the list.
- Fixed: Removing values from settings could result in an error.
- Fixed: Mousewheel now scrolls fields and labels simultaneously on main screen.
- Fixed: Sequenchel no longer crashes if duplicate names are used in a report.
- Fixed: Sequenchel can now save config files over an UNC path.
- New: Added Command line options to export a report or import a file without user intervention.
- New: Export to CSV (txt) option.
- New: Import XML files option.
- New: Import CSV (txt) files option.
- New: Added the option to email reports.
- Enhanced: Sequenchel has been rewritten for better performance and to facilitate adding new options
- Fixed: Importing Excel sheets with empty values now works correctly.
- New: Added SmartUpdate for easy Datawarehouse building.
- New: Import file can import multiple sheets from 1 Excel file at once. Upload to database per sheet is possible.
- Enhanced: If no path is provided, config files are saved to the default config file location.
- Enhanced: Create Schedule can now create a schedule without jobstep (for SmartUpdate).
- Fixed: Updating a relation to "no connected field" now works.
- Fixed: Deleting an existing relation now works.
- Fixed: Database log path retrieval for SQL older than 2012 (2005 and up) now works.
- Fixed: Deleting an item after pressing "Clear" does no longer delete previously selected item.
- Fixed: Pressing Clear now also clears related lookup fields.
- Fixed: Settings screen now always shows correct logging path.
- New: Added an Import option for transferring data from a file into a database table.
- New: Doubleclick on the upper left corner in a report will resize all columns fo fit the data.
- New: Added a description field to the report definition.
- New: Search in tables using space (AND/fuzzy) or comma (OR/precise) to separate multiple search terms.
- New: Option to add YearStart(), YearEnd() as filteroptions to a report.
- New: Option to add (YEAR,x), (MONTH,x), (DAY,x), (HOUR,x), (MINUTE,x), (SECOND,x), (MILLISECOND,x) to datetime filters in reports.
- Enhanced: Replaced Report display procedure making it faster.
- Enhanced: In reporting, when using a fuzzy search (LIKE) you can now also use * instead of %.
- Enhanced: Linked Server name check before loading to prevent crash in case of badly formatted datasource.
- Enhanced: Export to Excel and XML now includes NULL values correctly.
- Fixed: Time formatting is now linked to chosen date format.
- Fixed: Loading a report while the referenced table or field is not present gives a warning instead of an error.
- New: Option to export or import Report Definition.
- New: Added select options for Date/Time SQL functions.
- New: option to add Now(), Date(), Time(), MonthStart(), MonthEnd(), WeekStart() and WeekEnd() as filteroptions to a report.
- New: Option to convert all output to text when exporting to Excel.
- New: In Reports the join to a related table can contain a query when using parentheses.
- New: Sequenchel now provides Stored Procedures for FTP upload and download.
- Enhanced: In Reports the mousewheel now scrolls the report definition and not the report selection.
- Enhanced: Reports are sorted alfabetically.
- Fixed: Adding and removing relations (Configuration) now works as intended.
- Fixed: DataType of additional filters is now preserved.
- Fixed: DataHandler XML search methods could give wrong XML node.
- New: Added Export to Excel option.
- New: Added the option to automatically add the current date to the name of the export file.
- New: The query engine is now able to build a HAVING clause.
- New: Added Scheduled Job monitoring.
- New: Added Minimum and Maximum Server memory to the Server Monitoring
- New: Related fields can now be used to lookup identifiers.
- New: Replaced lookup fields with enhanced search options.
- Enhanced: Report buttons Add/Update/Delete now autosave any changes. OK and Apply buttons have been removed.
- Enhanced: Configuration buttons Add/Update/Delete now autosave any changes. OK and Apply buttons have been removed.
- Enhanced: Filters without filter mode will default to "AND"
- Enhanced: Selected connection and table is remembered when switching windows, allowing for multiple report windows.
- Fixed: Reports with "AND NOT" or "" as first filter mode no longer fail.
- Fixed: Creating a scheduled job would point to a connection database instead of the main database.
- Fixed: Main buttons now stay on the right side when screen size grows.
- Fixed: Export to XML needs a declaration for opening the file in Excel.
- Fixed: XML retrieval now gets whole XML instead of first 200 characters.
- New: Added the option to select multiple fields at once to add to or remove from Reporting.
- New: Added a maximum column width of 300 for reporting to prevent really wide columns.
- New: You can choose the default formatting style for datetime data type.
- Enhanced: Added more data types for correct conversions.
- Enhanced: Added lots of fields to database monitoring.
- Enhanced: Updated the templates to reflect the new data types.
- Enhanced: Rewrote the query engine to format data according to data type.
- Enhanced: You cannot enter the (auto)identifier value when adding a new item to the database.
- Fixed: command line parameters interpretation could sometimes be mixed up.
- Fixed: Checkbox field no longer turns white when changing values.
- Fixed: Changed index defragmentation method to account for multiple index levels.
- New: Added the option to use Windows Special Folders as storage location for configuration files.
- New: Added a Security Settings Override with password protection.
- New: Added buttons to Scheduler for easier determination of logfile location.
- Enhanced: Replaced date formatting methods with native dotNet commands.
- Enhanced: Decreased the SQL Server timeout from 15 to 5 seconds for database check.
- Fixed: When selecting the report at top of the list, nothing happened.
- Fixed: When selecting an empty row, Sequenchel no longer tries to get information from the database
- Fixed: Main database settings were sometimes saved to the wrong configfile.
- Fixed: Linked Server Subscriber setting was sometimes filled with wrong value.
- Fixed: Sequenchel now deals correctly with GUID datatypes.
- New: Added Thicor logo as background to datagrids.
- New: Added a "Back to definition" button on the report results pane for easier navigation.
- New: Added a counter to display the time needed to complete a report.
- New: Added "Command executed succesfully" status message when a report executes succesfully.
- Enhanced: Replaced the icons on the buttons to make them more intuitive.
- Enhanced: Added Tooltips to several buttons for more clarity.
- Enhanced: Included some new tables in the Sequenchel Template.
- Enhanced: Clear main search options now also clears selected saved search.
- Fixed: Updating or deleting an item could process all items when no AUTOID field was present.
- Fixed: Clear button now also clears selected search.
- Fixed: Report Sort Order field was not automatically resized properly when adding more filtering lines.
- New: Datatype "AutoID" has been replaced by PrimaryKey and Identity. Sequenchel can now handle multiple Identities and composite Primary keys. This may require you to modify your configuration files. A Sequenchel template is provided.
- New: Default button option for filling out fields with default values. The Thicor logo is used as a default button symbol.
- New: Related fields can be shown on the main screen. For every relation with another table, you can choose a field from the second table to display.
- New: Separation of settings over more config files to enable the administrator to place them in differen locations for enhanced security.
- New: Options to prevent users from making changes to settings or configuration.
- New: Options to prevent users from performing Insert, Update or Delete statements.
- New: Option to prevent users from manually entering queries or changing the reporting query.
- New: In Reports the friendly Alias of fields and tables is displayed in stead of the column and fully qualified table names.
- Enhanced: "Save" buttons have been replaced by standard "OK", "Cancel" and "Apply" buttons.
- Enhanced: "Add" and "Update" buttons have been replaced by "Add/Update" buttons. Sequenchel now automatically detects which you need.
- Enhanced: The layout has been improved on several locations to make it more intuitive.
- Enhanced: The sort order of data in the main screen is now according to the order of the columns, from left to right.
- Fixed: When creating a connection, you can now only enter a login name and password when SQL Authentication is selected.
- Fixed: When clicking a label the corresponding field no longer changes color when the field is disabled or not searchable.
- Fixed: When reloading the complete list, the search fields are now correctly being reset.
- Fixed: When adding fields to reports that resize the columns the labels are now correctly placed above the columns.
- New: Added WindowsVersion to Server Monitoring
- Enhanced: Improved Linked Server handling for Linked Server names with domain names included.
- Enhanced: Moved the LastErrorLogged update from reporting to monitoring to enable reporting the last batch more than once.
- Fixed: Updated the template for Sequenchel tables to reflect the changes made to recent versions.
- Fixed: Loading an incomplete XML file in the configuration window no longer crashes Sequenchel.
- Fixed: Parameter names for SQL files % growth were incorrect (procedure monitor DataSpaces).
- Fixed: Reports Display Mode didn't automatically add parentheses for MAX; MIN; etc.
- Fixed: Export to XML sometimes crashed over NULL values.
- New: Monitor DataSpaces now provides the commands to fix your databases over Linked Server connections, including file size and growth.
- New: The option to monitor a specific SQL version or higher version than specified.
- Enhanced: Monitor DiskSpaces has lots of new fields with extra information.
- Enhanced: Added a Job Prefix Name when creating schedules to easily group scheduled jobs.
- Enhanced: NULL values are shown in different color.
- Fixed: Default server was displayed instead of host server after selecting an existing Linked Server.
- Fixed: When creating more than 9 filters on 1 field, the filter was created but was unusable. Now the limit is 9 filters per field.
- Fixed: Replaced safety check that wrongly filtered out rows where the first cell is DBNull.
- Fixed: If a column had a higher sorting number than the number of columns, Sequenchel would loop in error. High values are now lowered to the maximum.
- Fixed: Deleting Linked Servers would result in orphaned databases and backups. The orphaned records are now closed.
- New: Included configuration template for the Sequenchel database. Other templates can be included.
- New: Added the option to create SQL Server scheduled jobs for Sequenchel monitoring procedures.
- New: Added an interface for setting the locaton of the Settings file and the Connections file.
- New: Addd the possibility to write logging to the database.
- New: Added COUNT and AVG in SQL Reporting.
- New: Added the possibility to export report results to XML.
- New: Added the option to add functions in the filter-text field for reports. (prepend functions with f:)
- Fixed: Unable to save files without folder specified. The default folder is the application folder.
- Fixed: unable to update a field (table configuration) with empty numeric values.
- New: Added autodetection for relations when importing tables.
- New: Added the option to import all tables of a database at once.
- New: Added an interface with options to tune the Dataspace report.
- Enhanced: Improved the storage method for relations to enable relation-autodetect.
- Enhanced: Added options to the procedure "Monitor Dataspaces" to enable more control of what should be reported.
- Enhanced: Renamed a lot of buttons so the name better reflects the function.
- Fixed: Schemas didn't work well in Reports.
- Fixed: Backups failed when using US date notation ( / ).
- Fixed: Buttons on the main screen do no longer disappear when the window gets too small.
- New: Added the option to save/update/delete Searches on the main screen.
- Enhanced: Enabled multiple joins to and from the same table as long as all tables involved have the same join type.
- Enhanced: Added the ability to work with schemas in case a table name or view name exists more than once.
- New: Added "IN", "NOT IN", "LIKE", "NOT LIKE", "IS", "IS NOT" in Reports.
- New: Possibility to enter NULL in a report. "IS NULL" is treated differently from "= NULL".
- New: Added feedback from queries if there is an error.
- Enhanced: Improved query building in Reports with automatic placements of delimiters (quotes). The user does not need to enter delimiters.
- Fixed: Report fields list showed everything twice.
- Renamed to Sequenchel Digital Bonus Application (SQL.[DBA]).
- Rewritten most of the procedures to streamline the experience.
- Added Reporting module
- Added the option to add or remove relations between tables
- Fixed: Unable to update FieldName
- Fixed: When multiple fields with the same name exist (across tables), the correct one is now updated
- Added License information and security
- Improved adding new items to selected table with option to duplicate and edit an existing item
- Added possibility to select text in disabled (text)fields
- Improved scrolling with large column sets
- Added Splash screen
- Fixed several small bugs
- Added Linked Server creation
- Added "Use top 1000" and "Reversed Sort Order"
- Fixed several small bugs
- Option to filter Search lists based on selected criteria
- Added Configuration window with:
- Automatic lightweight detection of SQL Servers (limited to default instance, port 1433, browser enabled)
- Listing of available databases
- listing of available tables
- Automatic import of all columns of a table
- Added Database creation including procedures for monitoring
- Added posibility to perform schema updates to main database
- Added minimal and query logging.
- Option to delete items from the database
- Searchlists to facilitate searches
- Option to update or add items to the database
- Dynamic Interface for viewing any table. The configuration is stored in XML files
Database procedures for monitoring SQL Server
Interface for viewing contents of 1 table (Static; Server table only)
Version 1 didn't really have a version number and through the years many updates have been made and new features have been added. When it grew even larger in 2014, we decided that an interface would come in handy and an application was born.